POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Compile error during Megapov XRS server make : Re: Compile error during Megapov XRS server make Server Time
2 May 2024 06:03:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compile error during Megapov XRS server make
From: Peter Raeth
Date: 29 Nov 2006 14:55:00
Message: <web.456de3dfe1423b92f826bd4d0@news.povray.org>
"George Pantazopoulos" <go### [at] tomyaboutpage> wrote:

>    Try running "startxwin.bat" in the cygwin prompt first. It should open an
> xterm window that looks different than the normal cygwin window. Try running
> pyxrsclient in that shell window instead.
>
>    I may have left that out of the instructions. Sorry 'bout that. Note that
> your +o will be ignored by the client.
>
>    Also, you don't need cygwin to run pyxrsclient. It should work
> just fine with the Windows version of Python (use IDLE or Pythonwin). For
> this, you'd need to have PyGTK installed into the Windows Python directory.
> See the MegaPOV XRS site for links to all the dependencies.
>
>    I'm real happy to hear how MegaPOV (will shortly) be helping you. Thanks!
> I'm curious how would one use a rendering program to help calibrate
> atmospheric sensors.

Not being a physics type, I am not sure just what he is up to. He seems to
be more interested in raytracing than rendering. His goal is to improve the
calibration of sensor data correction programs, not the sensors themselves.

Eventually want to work with a native windows version. Started with cygwin
since that seemed to be what the documentation called for. This lets me
establish a baseline.

Managed to get startxwin.bat running. Had to modify one line at the top due
to the way cygwin is installed: SET CYGWIN_ROOT=C:\program_files\cygwin.

The xwindow came up with a cygwin prompt. In the pyxrsclient directory,
entered the following command: python pyxrsclient.py +Iwoodbox.pov +V +W800
+H600 +L/cygdrive/c/program_files/cygwin/tmp/povray-3.6.1/include. The
povray parameters are the ones used in successful povray and megapov tests.

Received the following error message (had to type it in so I hope it is
correctly presented:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "pyxrsclient.py", line 877 in ?
g_num_x_tiles = g_parser.getImgWidth() / g_parser.getBlockSize()
File "pyxrsclient.py", line 131, in getImgWidth
imgwidth = int(re.search("(?<=[+-]w)[0-9]+", self.cmd).group(0))
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'group'