POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Howto manually calculate color values having filter and transient : Howto manually calculate color values having filter and transient Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:26:09 EDT (-0400)
  Howto manually calculate color values having filter and transient
From: Wolf
Date: 29 Nov 2006 13:40:00
Message: <web.456dd3302105b46cedd244720@news.povray.org>
Hi,

For my PovClipse project I need to show a quick color preview of Povray
colors, thus I have to calculate the red, green and blue color parts shown
by the display from a Povray rgbf/rgbt/rgbft color.

I have no problem displaying an rgbt color where the transient part is
between 0.0 and 1.0, the Povray docs are pretty clear in this case.

But I have the following questions:

=> Assuming a transient rgbt <1.0, 0.5, 0.2, [TRANISENT]> color and a
background color of rgb<1.0, 1.0, 0.0>, how do I manually calculate the red
green and blue display color values for transient values being negative or

Filter:
=> Assuming a filter rgbf <1.0, 0.5, 0.2, [FILTER]> color and a background
color of rgb<1.0, 1.0, 0.0>, how do I manually calculate the red green and

=> If I have an rgbft color, would it be correct to calculate 2 separate rgb
values using just the filter and the transient values and build the average
of these 2 colors?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,
Wolf