POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Inverse Kinematics : Re: Inverse Kinematics Server Time
1 Jul 2024 04:34:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Inverse Kinematics
From: stm31415
Date: 24 Nov 2006 11:45:00
Message: <web.4567205a89f8419f55c3fb700@news.povray.org>
"Tek" <tek### [at] evilsuperbraincom> wrote:
> That looks good, very smooth! Though the orientation of the hands seems to
> just come from the arm orientation.

Yes. Hand position gives a gesture meaning --- that will be determined
separately from the positioning of the rest of the arm. It would look
strange to have it reach for something just with its hand. As far as a
character, I'm actually hoping to use this --- it will force me to use just
motion to convey the story: no facial expressions, no voices, no words.

Rune --- I had not seen that. It looks like a much more efficient method for
making a leg than what mine will be.  The benefit of mine is that it will do
arbitrary limbs (arms, legs, robots, etc.), that have axes in all 3
dimensions; at least it should. I'm about to give him legs; I will post
when I have results.

--
Sam Bleckley
stm 31415 (at) g mail . com