POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Inverse Kinematics : Inverse Kinematics Server Time
1 Jul 2024 03:53:50 EDT (-0400)
  Inverse Kinematics
From: stm31415
Date: 22 Nov 2006 00:00:01
Message: <web.4563d91a6e825d3ccf1900cc0@news.povray.org>
Wow. So about a year ago now, I posted that I was well on my way to an
inverse kinematics include for pov. Yeah. And I found a full-grown
rhinocerous in my breakfast cereal this morning. I worked about two months
trying to get the darn math to work, and I had a wild, randomly moving arm
to show for it. Well. IRTC comes out with 'dance' and my mind immediately
comes back to IK. So I sit down and start typing, and two *days* later I
have this. A working (if untweaked) IK system. Go figure.
Is this something everyone has done and I just haven't found it, or should I
comment my code and post? All I have seen along these lines is Rune's neck.
If it's been done, I'd love to get some pointers on a few things that are
still plaguing me, and if not, I'd love to give something useful to the
community.

Blah, blah --- without further ado, here is an artists mannequin doing... I
don't know what. But all I gave it was a pair of splines for the hands to
follow, and each frame rendered in about 1 sec. Total time for the whole
animation: 1 min 34 sec.

--
Sam Bleckley
stm 31415 (at) g mail . com