POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Compile error during Megapov XRS server make : Re: Compile error during Megapov XRS server make Server Time
2 May 2024 00:46:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compile error during Megapov XRS server make
From: Peter Raeth
Date: 21 Nov 2006 09:25:01
Message: <web.45630b30e1423b92f826bd4d0@news.povray.org>
"George Pantazopoulos" <go### [at] tomyaboutpage> wrote:

> Hi Peter, for many unix packages you can do "make uninstall" just as you
> originally did "make install". This should work for libiqxmlrpc.
>
> Also for cygwin, check /lib, /usr/lib, and /usr/local/lib. On my Cygwin
> system, /lib and /usr/lib seem to be two names for the same underlying
> folder.

Ah.... Most satisfying. Other than some warnings on variable type
conversions, the make went well.

This was a trial process performed on my desk machine. Will now move over to
our Windows cluster. Will install on two nodes and test. Then will go to the
rest of the nodes.

Our application is in atmospheric physics.

Many thanks George.

Best,

Peter.