POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Compile error during Megapov XRS server make : Re: Compile error during Megapov XRS server make Server Time
1 May 2024 20:58:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compile error during Megapov XRS server make
From: George Pantazopoulos
Date: 20 Nov 2006 08:25:00
Message: <web.4561abe0e1423b92c0bad8570@news.povray.org>
"Peter Raeth" <pet### [at] junocom> wrote:
> "George Pantazopoulos" <go### [at] tomyaboutpage> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Peter, I'm still puzzled because that's the compile error you'd get when
> > > using the unsupported 0.8.x libiqxmlrpc, but you're using the correct
> > > 0.7.3a version.. what's your g++ version? Mine is:
> > >

> Prior to realizing that v0.7.3a was needed instead of v0.8.2a I had
> installed that later version. Later, I installed the earlier version. Is it
> possible that the two are interfering with each other? How would one
> completely uninstall v0.8.2a? I could not find an uninstall procedure.
>
> Many thanks for your patient assistance.

Hi Peter, for many unix packages you can do "make uninstall" just as you
originally did "make install". This should work for libiqxmlrpc.

Also for cygwin, check /lib, /usr/lib, and /usr/local/lib. On my Cygwin
system, /lib and /usr/lib seem to be two names for the same underlying
folder.

HTH,
George