POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Megapov XRS Server v2.1.1 and pyxrsclient 0.6.10 released. Important update= : Re: Megapov XRS Server v2.1.1 and pyxrsclient 0.6.10 released. Important up= Server Time
29 Apr 2024 03:36:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Megapov XRS Server v2.1.1 and pyxrsclient 0.6.10 released. Important up=
From: George Pantazopoulos
Date: 19 Nov 2006 08:15:01
Message: <web.456058ac4148237cc0bad8570@news.povray.org>
"Ryan Bennitt" <rya### [at] lycoscouk> wrote:

> >> Yeah, saw the thread. Makes sense, I'll give it a go.
>
> Well tried it and I've ended up with tiling artefacts everywhere. It wasn't
> exactly a complex scene either. Just a room with box walls and ceiling,
> isosurface carpet, high poly mesh armchair, low poly mesh side table and
> CSG'd cone lamp shade. All I did was add the following lines:
>
> #if( GENERATE_RADIOSITY )
>     save_file "Sofa-radiosity.rad"
> #else
>     load_file "Sofa-radiosity.rad"
>     //always_sample off
> #end
>
> Then ran the first pass GENERATE_RADIOSITY=1 to generate the radiosity file,
> copy file to both PC's, then rendered the scene with GENERATE_RADIOSITY=0.
> Tried with and without "always_sample off" but it made no difference. Will
> playing with other parameters help to reduce the artefacts? e.g. increase
> count, reduce error_bound, etc. Or is this just a problem with radiosity
> that will likely never go away?

Hi Ryan,

I'm going to look into this one. I'm confident it can be solved. Have you
seen Jaime's room scenes? I believe he's rendered some of them using
MegaPOV XRS: http://www.ignorancia.org/

In the meantime, did you remember to copy the new scene file to the other PC
too?

When I was rendering with MegaPOV XRS, I found it easy to forget to do that
sometimes, so I wrote a script that uses rsync to do it automatically.

If youre using Windows PC's on a local network then the solution is simpler
than that. You could set up a shared folder and then you shouldn't have to
manually copy any files when you make a change to your scene.

HTH,
George
http://www.gammaburst.net