POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Glass problem (see images section) : Re: Glass problem (see images section) Server Time
17 May 2024 22:02:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glass problem (see images section)
From: Trevor G Quayle
Date: 16 Nov 2006 12:35:01
Message: <web.455ca05392a75b21c150d4c10@news.povray.org>
"JSR" <jsr### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> "Trevor G Quayle" <Tin### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> > "JSR" <jsr### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > I post the source code for my glass problem.
> > > Any suggestions?
> > > Thks,
> > >
> > > JSR.
> >
> > Having problem opening zip.  Try just pasting the text maybe...
> >
> > -tgq
>
> The source is too large to post without compression.
> Try this.
>
> JSR.

Sorry, but this is very hard to work with, all individual meshes and almost
impossible to debug.  It's likely that there is a problem in the mesh
construction, it is far better to have it unified as a single mesh object.

The best I could do is play with max_trace_level.  Each side of the glass
should have 2 surfaces to work properly, so setting mtl to 2 should keep
the top where only the rear surfaces are visible (i.e. 2 surfaces) clear
and the rest of the bowl black (i.e. 4 surfaces), however they are all
black.  Setting mtl to 3 makes it clear.  Again, setting to 4 should make
the whole bowl clear, however it doesn't.  The testing indicates that your
glass has 3 surfaces around the bowl rather than 2, which makes the ray
interpret the inside/outside incorrectly.

Hope this is helpful.

-tgq