POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Rendering cylindrical textures? : Re: Rendering cylindrical textures? Server Time
6 Oct 2024 14:37:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rendering cylindrical textures?
From: Mark Weyer
Date: 14 Nov 2006 07:05:00
Message: <web.4559b0b0a29b5ffcfddaa4670@news.povray.org>
>                                    I began wondering if it might be
> possible to render a cylindrical view of the towers, but not from the
> inside out, instead, from the outside (a certain distance) towards the
> center.

I see that you already solved your problem, so just for the record:

I once had the same need. My first solution was to patch povray. Then I
came up with the following more portable one: Use a cylindrical camera,
shift it along the axis of rotation away from the object and use two
conical (with height=radius) mirrors to bring the rays of vision back to
the object.