POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : artistic water 2 : Re: artistic water 2 Server Time
20 Apr 2024 08:57:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: artistic water 2
From: Stephen
Date: 10 Nov 2006 04:10:00
Message: <web.4554407951841aaf1cb1e660@news.povray.org>
"Tek" <tek### [at] evilsuperbraincom> wrote:
> Okay a few changes here,

> The thing that's bugging me now is that patch of sky we can see looks way
> too sunny to justify the waves let alone the sinking ship! But it looks
> gorgeous reflecting off the waves... I'll try a dramatic sky and see how it
> looks.

the boat in it. IM(not so)HO the sea is not that rough and it would not
interact with the boat the way it does. So it destroys the illusion. That
aside
the sea looks great. The smooth spots in the sea look realistic and in
keeping with the waves. I would expect to see some streaming spray if the
wind got any higher.

Criticism aside it really does bring back the North Sea, Maybe an oilrig or
a supply boat in the background. And the sky can be sunny, as you have it,

Stephen