POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Please help me how to animate a computer network : Re: Please help me how to animate a computer network Server Time
2 Jun 2024 05:10:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Please help me how to animate a computer network
From: Fisco
Date: 2 Nov 2006 06:05:01
Message: <web.4549d0a4b03974521205e5370@news.povray.org>
> Fisco wrote:
> > Can anyone help me in animating a computer network wchich includes server
> > and 5 client computers. Animation is needen only when transmitting signals.
>
> You need to clarify whether you want real-time animation (i.e., showing
> things happening as it happens), or animation from traces. You need to
> clarify what format your trace data is in. Or do you just need to (say)
> demonstrate in a power-point kind of way how a protocol works?
>
> If you're looking for "real-time animation" in the former sense, I'd
> suggest that POV-Ray is probably not the tool you want to use, and that
> collecting that data is likely to be at least as much of the problem as
> getting it on the screen is.
>
> --
>    Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
>      "That's pretty. Where is it?"
>          "Channelwood."
>      "We should go there on vacation."
>          "..."

The description of animating a computer network is as below:
1. I need a help to depict (design) a computer network (lets say in a
classroom).
1.a. This computer network must contain 6 computers connected with one
switch and one server connected to a switch
2. Supposing that this is a wired network, the animation here will take
place only at the transmission of the signal from the server--> switch -->
client computers.

I think that is more clear now.

Best regards, Fisco