POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : GIS and forestry data to POVray? : Re: GIS and forestry data to POVray? Server Time
6 Oct 2024 13:51:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: GIS and forestry data to POVray?
From: JohnnyH
Date: 1 Nov 2006 17:20:01
Message: <web.45491cc3cb1f09e2f76979540@news.povray.org>
Excellent images!  I am especially interested in the image map (POV logo).
That could have many applications for me.  For example, overlay raster
images of disease and fire mortality (perimeter).

This is the most difficult problem I think:
* Is it possible to populate defined polygonal areas with objects?
* If so, how are these polygons created/described?

I will experiment with GRASS GIS and POV until I understand their
relationship more.  Still, I am very excited!