POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : My hat is off to all of you! : Re: My hat is off to all of you! Server Time
31 Jul 2024 18:28:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My hat is off to all of you!
From: Trevor G Quayle
Date: 29 Oct 2006 00:45:00
Message: <web.45443199cdd2e860e82ea7ca0@news.povray.org>
"Dan Farmer" <dmf### [at] msncom> wrote:
> Hello....

And we must thank you for helping to make this all possible.  Many years ago
when I was a poor student just getting interested in 3D rendering, I
stumbled across POV-Ray and was delighted to find it completely free.  Now,
many years later, it is still the only renderer I use and am a fierce
supporter of the program, the open source concept it is based on and the
ever-changing POV community present here that make it all work and seem so
easy.  Even though I have no direct affiliation beyond being a user and
active newgroup personality, I feel very proud when I see a POV image stand
up against images created using some of the most cutting edge, high-end
renderers out there.  Thank you to you and everyone else who helped make
POV (and it's associated user community) what it is today!

-tgq