POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : the POV-ray SDL--similar to Java and/or Python? : Re: the POV-ray SDL--similar to Java and/or Python? Server Time
6 Oct 2024 15:19:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: the POV-ray SDL--similar to Java and/or Python?
From: nemesis
Date: 27 Oct 2006 14:45:01
Message: <web.4542533adcfb777f3976a8750@news.povray.org>
Hugo <hug### [at] yahoocombr> wrote:
> #declare Sphere = sphere { <0,0,0>, 1 pigment { rgb 1 } }
> #declare Sphere_Child = sphere { Sphere pigment  { rgb 0 } }
>
> But I assume that it is just something unintentionally left behind in
> the code of the parser.

I don't think so:  i believe it's intentional it makes perfect sense.  You
define an object with a texture and then later modify a few more
attributes.  It's like in Ruby where you can later "open" a class
definition and modify some methods or something.  You can declare an object
with a default texture and later, when actually using it, altering the
pigment, or finish or the whole texture altogether...