POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Animation beginner : Animation beginner Server Time
15 Jun 2024 04:30:12 EDT (-0400)
  Animation beginner
From: haysk
Date: 22 Oct 2006 01:50:01
Message: <web.453b054fff3aef1ac1f4e3640@news.povray.org>
hi there,
I've been using Milkshape, PoseRay, and POVRay to do some rendering of still
images, but I want to go on and render some animation.
I have POVRay 3.6 and Milkshape 3D 1.7.10 (a low poly modeler that supports
skeletal animations)
So, I was wondering how to start doing animations. From what I've seen, it
looks as if you need to actually code everything in POVRay. Is there any
way around that? Are there any pre-renderers such as PoseRay that are free
that support lights and other effects,such as fog, that also supports
skeletal animations?
If there isn't, can somebody point me to a tutorial that is very good for
beginners?
thanks