POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Include color-changes in ini-files. possible? : Re: Include color-changes in ini-files. possible? Server Time
1 Jun 2024 10:28:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Include color-changes in ini-files. possible?
From: Olaf I
Date: 21 Oct 2006 05:05:01
Message: <web.4539e238bb20a1505c910dd30@news.povray.org>
> To expand on what Stephen was suggesting, if you create a new general
> purpose .pov file and include the original .pov file(s) at the beginning
> you can re-define things that may have already been placed in the scene but
> which can exist only once. E.g you can redefine the camera, background etc.
> What this won't help with are things that have already been "placed" in the
> scene which CAN be re-instanced, like the lego brick. I don't know how to
> add no_shadow to an object which is already parsed and placed in the scene.
> Anyway this approach might look something like this if using the animation
> feature to render as many different brick files as you want.

Okay, I think I have understand this part.

All my files are numbered (for example 1.pov, 1010.pov, ...)
So I have make the General_Lego_Renderer.pov like this:

> //General_Lego_Renderer.pov:
> //if using animation feature to render different parts you can do something
> like:
> #include concat("Lego_", str(frame_number,0,0), ".pov")
> background{rgb <Var1,Var2,Var3>} //however you want to redefine it...
>
> Anyway do whatever seems easiest and gets the results you want. :)

I wish it was so easy for me as for you you!
When I ready with the new .pov-file I have tested it.
This was the result:
Preset INI file is 'C:LEGOPOV-RAY FOR WINDOWS V3.6RENDERERQUICKRES-2.INI',
section is '[400x300, No AA]'.
Preset source file is 'C:LegoPovFilesGeneral_Lego_Renderer.pov'.
Redirecting Options

(...)

Parsing Options
  Input file: C:LegoPovFilesGeneral_Lego_Renderer.pov
  Remove bounds........On
  Split unions.........Off
  Library paths:
    C:LegoPOV-Ray for Windows v3.6INCLUDE
    C:WINDOWSFonts
    C:LEGOPOV-RAY FOR WINDOWS V3.6include
    C:LegoPOV-RaypovfilesGeneral_Lego_Renderer.pov
Output Options
  Image resolution 400 by 300 (rows 1 to 300, columns 1 to 400).
  Output file: C:LegoPovFilesGeneral_Lego_Renderer.bmp, 24 bpp (system
format)

(...)

File: C:LegoPovFilesGeneral_Lego_Renderer.pov  Line: 4
Possible Parse Error: Could not find file 'Lego_0.pov'
File: C:LegoPovFilesGeneral_Lego_Renderer.pov  Line: 4
File Context (5 lines):
#include concat("Lego_", str(frame_number,0,0), ".pov")

background { color rgb <1,1,1>} //however you want to redefine it...

Parse Error: Cannot open include file Lego_0.pov.
File: C:LegoPovFilesGeneral_Lego_Renderer.pov  Line: 4
Parse Warning: Check that the file is in a directory specified with a +L
switch or 'Library_Path=' .INI item. Standard include files are in the
include directory or folder.
Please read your documentation carefully.

help me.
I need a simple explain what I make wrong or what I must do to make it
complete for work.

Olaf