POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : 3dsmax/3ds viz and pov ray. : Re: 3dsmax/3ds viz and pov ray. Server Time
18 May 2024 01:25:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3dsmax/3ds viz and pov ray.
From: einarabelc5
Date: 19 Oct 2006 23:05:01
Message: <web.45383bac6ba6d37b8ca7f8dc0@news.povray.org>
> On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 20:44:56 -0400, einarabelc5 wrote:
>
> > I was annoyed because I wasn't getting help. You'll see you shouldn't
> > think everyone has the same resources and ease and/or aviability of
> > management of things. Just a point so you don't put everyone in your
> > shoes. When I say I can't I mean I can't. AS soon as I could subscribe to
> > the newsletter I did, and yet here I am posting using the online form and
> > its textbox cause Outlook just doesn't do It. My point is: why add more
> > complication at the process of doing something when you can get around it
> > and fix it later doin' it right?
>
> Because there didn't have to be more complication.  In fact, if you'd
> asked nicely instead of getting upset, someone could've explained to you
> that you can in fact post binaries through the web interface.
>
> > You see thats the thing I didn't stuck here I got around it, see:
> >
> > http://www.tb-software.com/board/showthread.php?action=newpost&tid=18
>
> <shrug>  Good for you.
>
> >> And when the link goes away?  Again, that's the point of that type of
> >> policy in most online forums.  As you say, it's reasonable, so just
> >> follow it.
> > Hey man i was looking for a quick, practical solution, I didn't wanted to
> > add more load to the problem. Are you European?
>
> No, I live in Utah.  But I don't just think about *me* when it comes to
> asking for help, and I don't see why others shouldn't consider the benefit
> to others of having things accessible easily and within the format that
> they're accustomed to within a community.

I could just go find a Different renderer If I just thought about me. Oh and
thanks for thinking you're the savior of the world.

> [...]
>
> Again, no, I live in Utah.  But quickness for you at the inconvenience of
> those who (a) are able to help you, and (b) come after with the same issue
> and then can't find your post on the other forum for whatever reason -
> NVidia gets acquired by ATI (who knows, it could happen) and ATI shuts
> down the forum in order to integrate it into theirs - who knows - the link
> is dead and the discussion is useless.
>
> Think about more than just yourself.
>
> >> I hate web-based forums.  Threading sucks in most of them.  I use a
> >> newsreader, and most web-based forums have awful to no NNTP integration
> >> support.
> > That's your opinion and being entitled to it doesn't mean you have to make
> > anyone else think like you and get into your shoes. Hey when I thought
> > Steve's was pissed because I said "man" to him not knowing it could be
> > offending I let him be pissed and deal with it himself.
>
> No, but it does mean that when I participate in a community, I don't
> expect the community to bend to my way of thinking (which is what you're
> attempting to do by saying "visit this other forum to see what my problem
> is").  If the community expectation is that you post the details of your
> problem *here*, then post them *here*.  Don't expect people to have to
> visit another set of forums (again, registration needed?  Don't know,
> don't care, I don't own NVidia equipment and it's your problem, not mine,
> so I'm not inclined to bother to find out if I have to register or
> whatnot.  If everyone did what you're doing, nobody would get anything
> answered and the community would lose cohesiveness).
>
> > Ok I see, I just didn't did it because, (please understand) "I COULDN'T
> > FOLLOW THEM"; so I found an inmediate alternative and MOVED ON to help YOU
> > help me, to keep it going. Later I insisted on following the policies
> > because I always saw the point of doing it. That's the whole point, don't
> > try to get everyone else into your shoes, and make them think like you.
>
> That's the thing, you *could* have followed them if you'd asked *how*.
> You're posting through the web interface (obviously), so a better question
> would've been "how do I post an attachment through the web interface" not
> to declare "I can't post an attachment because I assume you need a
> newsreader to do so and I can't use NNTP".
>
> Again, when a community sets a standard, it's up to you as a newcomer to
> follow the standard practices of the community, not to assume you can
> force them to follow your way of doing things.  That tends to piss off the
> members of the community and that works counter to your goal of resolving
> your problem.
>
> > The conclussion of all this is:
> >
> > Don't drive any conclussions without getting the whole information. And
> > that goes for the three of us.
>
> I *didn't* drive any conclusions.  I merely pointed out the norms of
> participating in online communities based on my 15+ years of experience in

It says at the end of the Web interface and I quote:

Attachments
You may not post attachments to this newsgroup.

So what else is there to asume? That suddenly you are gonna tell me *how* to
post an attachment without me never occuring to ask because the newsletter
systems SAYS YOU CAN'T POST ATTACHMENTS, and that by then, I might just get
lucky. AHHHH *TILT* WRONG ANSWER. Sorry...I've been done with Totalitarism a
long time ago.

Wait for you to show up and show me the way.
THERE'S NO SCARCITY. NEXT!!!

And yes...get pissed/offended/annoyed/frustated/laugh at me/consider me
ridiculous/whatever "just give this whole thing a meaning" and do any of
those, I don't care. Is your responsability to do so as is to do nothing.

And If your point is saying that I'm working against myself here, just look
at Steve's answer. Oh sorry, didn't ya before?

> > Oh and BTW peeing didn't come to any section of Triune Brain. Being
> > animal, logical and sentimental.
>
> You've stopped making sense here.

Of course I did. As I expected you just do not have a sense of humor to
percieve that last sentence. Again it just fits the rest of what you show.
Test Approved. (No, I don't expect you to understand this neither)

Thanks James, you Just answered all the suspicions I had about your way of
thinking.

Good thing there are still people like Steve out there, people you can
reason with. "Much appreciate your answer Steve I admire You for Doin'
that". You do not need to cover insecurities with false pride.

Selfish.. Guilty as CHARGHE...likely to help...Guilty as CHARGE...I just
don't do so many questions...I don't need to. Since I can find answers in
so many other different ways.

Don't worry, I don't expect you to get these things together into your head
as a possible/viable way that can work together.

been done with your kind since a long time ago, ponitless to talk to a
square head.It always have been.

AND YES, FEEL FREE TO CALL ME MORON.