POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : 3dsmax/3ds viz and pov ray. : Re: 3dsmax/3ds viz and pov ray. Server Time
18 May 2024 03:17:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3dsmax/3ds viz and pov ray.
From: einarabelc5
Date: 19 Oct 2006 20:45:01
Message: <web.45381b796ba6d37b8ca7f8dc0@news.povray.org>
> On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 10:46:01 -0400, einarabelc5 wrote:
>
> > I have to agree with you.
> > I wasn't pissed at Steve, he just felt aggravated for what I said.
>
> I sure didn't see that.  I think you're reading that into his message.
> But it sure looked like you were pissed - posting in caps and all that is
> a usual indicator that someone's angry.

I was annoyed because I wasn't getting help.
You'll see you shouldn't think everyone has the same resources and ease
and/or aviability of management of things. Just a point so you don't put
everyone in your shoes. When I say I can't I mean I can't. AS soon as I
could subscribe to the newsletter I did, and yet here I am posting using
the online form and its textbox cause Outlook just doesn't do It. My point
is: why add more complication at the process of doing something when you
can get around it and fix it later doin' it right?

> > Besides, whats in your best interest as a contributor to POV-RAY?  To
> > developed it, so why don't look for integration with world proved, time
> > tested, modelers like 3dsMax/Viz, wouldn't it be great to compete against
> > Mental Ray, AIR, and VRAY? Still basing in GNU. I don't see the point of
> > helping each other if you're gonna get offended and don't find workarounds
> > for things. If so, then you're right, go find something better to do than
> > getting pissed off.
>
> In the time it took you to write all of this, you could've solved your
> problem very simply by posting the information requested in the place it
> was requested to be posted.  You've now wasted the better part of two days
> arguing about whether or not your request was reasonable or not, when you
> could've just done what was asked and been done with it.
You see thats the thing I didn't stuck here I got around it, see:

http://www.tb-software.com/board/showthread.php?action=newpost&tid=18

> > Anyways, the policies you claim are completely reasonable. I just dont see
> > the point of posting a question and not getting the answer when I provided
> > a means to you to see my questions.
>
> And when the link goes away?  Again, that's the point of that type of
> policy in most online forums.  As you say, it's reasonable, so just follow
> it.
Hey man i was looking for a quick, practical solution, I didn't wanted to
add more load to the problem. Are you European?

> > Again:
> > Just go here:
> > http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=19820
> >
> > try to download WITHOUT LOGGING in...see what happens...
>
> Sorry, no.  As I said, I don't have the expertise in the area you're
> asking about, just pointing out that you're not winning any points or
> making friends by being belligerant about what you've now said is in fact
> a reasonable request.
Again, quickness. Configure newsreader later. Why wait half a day for
something that can be done back and forth in half an hour? Again, are you
European?

Steve's just replied being very friendly and polite, See my reply to him.

> > Anyway my suggestion is, once you get the means get a fully workable web
> > based forum system.
>
> I hate web-based forums.  Threading sucks in most of them.  I use a
> newsreader, and most web-based forums have awful to no NNTP integration
> support.
That's your opinion and being entitled to it doesn't mean you have to make
anyone else think like you and get into your shoes. Hey when I thought
Steve's was pissed because I said "man" to him not knowing it could be
offending I let him be pissed and deal with it himself.

> > On other thing.
> >
> > Just so you see I am accustomed to work in collaboration:
>
> Bravo.  Look, I've been doing online collaboration for some 15+ years,
> using proprietary BBS', newsgroups/USENET, web-based forums, etc.  I
> didn't jump in to start a pissing contenst about who's got the greater
> experience in online communities or online collaboration.  I jumped in to
> recommend that when you're asking for help and someone tells you how to
> better be helped, you follow the recommendations given.  There's a reason
> why the suggestion was made, and it wasn't to piss you off, it was so the
> discussion benefits not just you, but the community.  Deciding that your
> benefit is more important than the community is selfish and not likely to
> get you helped.
>
> That's all I'm saying.
>
> Jim
Ok I see, I just didn't did it because, (please understand) "I COULDN'T
FOLLOW THEM"; so I found an inmediate alternative and MOVED ON to help YOU
help me, to keep it going. Later I insisted on following the policies
because I always saw the point of doing it. That's the whole point, don't
try to get everyone else into your shoes, and make them think like you.

The conclussion of all this is:

Don't drive any conclussions without getting the whole information. And that
goes for the three of us.

Peace I'm Out.

Oh and BTW peeing didn't come to any section of Triune Brain. Being  animal,
logical and sentimental.

Einar.