POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Modelling with pov-ray? : Re: Modelling with pov-ray? Server Time
6 Oct 2024 14:15:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Modelling with pov-ray?
From: Charles C
Date: 11 Oct 2006 14:00:01
Message: <web.452d30a6843eb1b6c667cf480@news.povray.org>
"aaglo" <aag### [at] jippiifi> wrote:
> considers the complex and beautiful models out there: do people model them
> "from scratch" with pov-ray text editor, or do people use some other
> modelling programs or models imported from exteral sources?

Going from what I've seen on here, yes, yes, and yes.   It seems like
wings3d is pretty popular for modeling, DAZ and Poser for figures.

For myself I think with one really old exception my stuff in regards to
Pov-Ray is all SDL.  I've got a copy of Poser to play with later, and I
plan on probably learning Wings3d after I finish my current slow project.

Charles

PS, the "general" section always seems safe for survey-y questions.