POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : height_field problems (crashing POV) : Re: height_field problems (crashing POV) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:24:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: height_field problems (crashing POV)
From: bryan
Date: 10 Oct 2006 23:35:00
Message: <web.452c664763ca0cddcde7f9360@news.povray.org>
I checked all that & cleaned about a little bit of stuff...still crashes.  I
run other stuff at 100% CPU load all the time (eg. seti@home) & never have
had any problems.  Maybe I'll try POV with less than 100% CPU allowed.
I've monitored CPU temps during the runs & they don't seem any different
with & without height fields (or between POV & any other high CPU use
program).

Anyway, it's something wrong with my computer (software or hardware).  For
now I'll stick with POV on my (slower) laptop.

Thanks!