POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Emulate browser rendering of png : Emulate browser rendering of png Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:25:24 EDT (-0400)
  Emulate browser rendering of png
From: jaysonfire
Date: 9 Oct 2006 15:55:00
Message: <web.452aa8a53de5448e8c9f8c6a0@news.povray.org>
I'm new to povray, and I'm trying to do what I hope is a fairly basic scene.

I'm trying to get povray to help me produce GIF files from the combination
of a PNG and a background color.  The idea is to generate printable
versions of png images I'm displaying on a website.

I've set up povray with the background color, the png viewed from above, and
the ambient light source, and I'm converting the resulting TGA file into
GIF.
And it works, but it's coming out a bit darker than the image as rendered in
my browser, and I'm not sure what to do to get the povray version to look
the same.

Thanks,
Jay