POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Removing highlights from transparent texture areas : Removing highlights from transparent texture areas Server Time
6 Oct 2024 14:40:41 EDT (-0400)
  Removing highlights from transparent texture areas
From: Random Pete
Date: 5 Oct 2006 13:05:00
Message: <web.45253af1ae62dc6f9cf609e10@news.povray.org>
I have a texture with square areas of transparency which looks like a mesh
speaker casing. I want specular highlights to show only on the visible areas
of texture, and not the transparent areas in between. Unfortunately it seems
the default behaviour is for transparent textures to display highlights
(which makes sense for glass-like textures but not in this case). Is there
a way to change this?

Pete