POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Media artifacts, help needed! : Re: Media artifacts, help needed! Server Time
6 Oct 2024 13:38:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media artifacts, help needed!
From: Random Pete
Date: 3 Oct 2006 21:30:01
Message: <web.45230d6d5e9182af9cf609e10@news.povray.org>
"Tim Attwood" <tim### [at] comcastnet> wrote:
> If your container objects are meshs, you
> might try adding inside_vector, not sure, but that
> might help.

No .. I was using meshes in the scene but they weren't media objects, plus I
already gave them an inside_vector!

I've got rid of most of the artifacts now in any case - I've removed the
central sphere entirely from the image (it was an idea I was trying that
didn't really work out) I also (stupidly) was using method 3 with more than
1 interval. Finally I played around with the CSG to avoid coincident
surfaces. There is still the occasional artifact but since tonight was the
deadline, they'll have to stay or be manually edited out!

I'll post in binaries.images once the final renders are complete...

Thanks again for all the advice.

Pete