POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : render speed, dumb question : Re: render speed, dumb question Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:14:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: render speed, dumb question
From: Charles C
Date: 3 Oct 2006 13:25:01
Message: <web.45229a7d9bf1c4cd2869ae640@news.povray.org>
Thanks Thorsten.  He said it is a powerbook not an ibook. Yes, it's os x.
All settings were fully throttled, no battery-saving.  Apparently the
fastest time he got on the mac was about 24 mins with the display off.
The athlon time was actually 5:05. The p3 times were display-on.    Doing a
quick/unofficial 160x120 no AA render of benchmark.pov showed more expected
results with the 2ghz athhlon finishing about twice as fast as the 1ghz p3.
(~2:40 vs. ~5:45) He started the g4 on the same, but I didn't wait to hear
back about the time.
Charles