POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Media artifacts, help needed! : Re: Media artifacts, help needed! Server Time
6 Oct 2024 13:43:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media artifacts, help needed!
From: Random Pete
Date: 3 Oct 2006 09:55:00
Message: <web.45226b265e9182af9cf609e10@news.povray.org>
Thanks for your suggestions, I'll let you know if I have any luck!

The media objects in question are
 - isosurface {f_poly4(x,y,z,0,1,-1,0,0)}  (a double-ended curved spike)
 - torus
 - sphere

There are many isosurfaces and torii in the scene, and one central sphere.
Artifacts are most prevalent where the isosurfaces are in front of the
sphere; however there are many elsewhere and (having looked at it again)
not necessarily where objects are in front of one another.

I'm rendering in MegaPOV since a bug in POV 3.6 (relating to spline
functions being passed to macros) often causes the scene to fail to parse.