POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Media artifacts, help needed! : Re: Media artifacts, help needed! Server Time
6 Oct 2024 13:43:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media artifacts, help needed!
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 2 Oct 2006 16:00:01
Message: <web.45216ea75e9182af3dbbbbd10@news.povray.org>
It's a tricky one, this. I'm also having this problem with emissive media.
However, these white artifacts are occurring on container objects which do
not overlap, and even in reflections of the media in other objects.
Furthermore, the artifacts are different with every render, even when
nothing is changed in between. Antialiasing etc does not help. Since my
container objects are meshes, I originally thought that maybe polygon edges
were behaving like coincident surfaces or something, but I'm not so sure any
more.

I was going to deal with the problem by rendering the image at least double
the size necessary and then scaling it down in the GIMP, effectively
antialiasing them out externally, but the single spots I get on reflective
surfaces will not be ironed out so easily. My problem is that this is for
an IRTC entry, so editing the artifacts out individually (trivially easy)
is against the rules...

I am playing with media settings to see what I can do.

Bill