POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : OSX X-Windows problems : Re: OSX X-Windows problems Server Time
14 Jun 2024 04:43:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: OSX X-Windows problems
From: P  Vanhuben
Date: 2 Oct 2006 01:55:01
Message: <web.4520a8ef7b4d5829a241da900@news.povray.org>
CASE CLOSED!

Starting with a new machine (Mac Pro)  with the factory installed software I
added the developer tools and the X-Windows package.

Povray would not display the X-Windows render preview but would render an
image out as a .png file. So Povray was working fine.

Here is what I did to get it working:

I reformatted my disk and re-installed OSX 10.4.7 for Intel including the
X-Windows package also installed the XCode developers Tools.

Povray for UNIX configured, installed and ran on the first try.

Apparently Apple's X-Windows installer misses some files if it is not run at
the same time as the system install.

Thanks again for everyone's help.

BTW The 2.66Ghz Intel Woodcrest rendered benchmark.ini in 22 minutes 41
seconds, quite an improvement over my 450Mhz G4.

-Paul