POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : OSX X-Windows problems : Re: OSX X-Windows problems Server Time
1 Jun 2024 09:14:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: OSX X-Windows problems
From: P  Vanhuben
Date: 1 Oct 2006 11:00:01
Message: <web.451fd7237b4d5829a241da900@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Calimet <pov### [at] freefr> wrote:
> >   X Window display: enabled
> > Do you have any other ideas ?
>
>  Check that you have the DISPLAY environment variable set with
> a sensible value.  If not, try something like:
>
> DISPLAY=:0.0
> export DISPLAY
>
>  - NC

Thanks Nicolas-

$Display was :0.0

This site seems to indicate that my X-Windows install may be missing some
components:

http://xanana.ucsc.edu/xtal/x11.html

Because Povray in the main use for this machine I'm going to re-do all
installs and try again.

Povray is rendering properly and this is just a display problem so I can
work around it until I figure out a solution.

Thanks again for everyone's help.

-Paul