POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Light_group & no_shadow : Re: Light_group & no_shadow Server Time
31 Jul 2024 20:15:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Light_group & no_shadow
From: gonzo
Date: 29 Sep 2006 17:45:00
Message: <web.451d93b2c9fb1073a0c272b50@news.povray.org>
"Zeger Knaepen" <zeg### [at] povplacecom> wrote:
> oh, and gonzo: if your texture has an ambient of 1 and still looks dark,
> then either your pigment is dark or your global ambient light is set too
> low (just leave that at 1, no need to change it)

Doh!  That was it, thank you, just needed a prompt to look at the obvious...

Forgot I had dropped the global ambient level when I was playing around with
radiosity... and that's why I connected the problem to the light_group,
because I only needed the light_group for fill & highlights when not using
the radiosity.

Although still not clear on why it was darker where the shadows would be,
since I was using both shadowless on the lights and no_shadow on the bulb.
But it definitely followed the shadow area. I could change the darker areas
by turning one or the other of the lights off.

No matter, its working now.

RG