POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Short code contest : Re: Short code contest Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:15:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Short code contest
From: Matthew Grove
Date: 27 Sep 2006 05:55:00
Message: <web.451a494255b91359a4c98f60@news.povray.org>
"Paul Bourke" <pdb### [at] swineduau> wrote:
> Any interest in another short code contest?

I'd be keen to take part in another scc, time permitting. I like the idea of
setting a starting template, which can be added to in any way. Or put
another way, as long as the characters in the template occur in the correct
order in the submission, regardless of what other characters may be
interspersed between them, then the submission is valid. The template need
only be small, does not have to even be valid povray syntax, but should
have enough impact on the scene to make holding another competition with a
new template feel like a whole new challenge. I would prefer keeping the
maximum number of characters to less than 500. Just an idea.

Matthew Grove.