POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : [ot?] wings3d -> povray : Re: [ot?] wings3d -> povray Server Time
31 Jul 2024 20:25:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [ot?] wings3d -> povray
From: Blue Herring
Date: 26 Sep 2006 13:35:00
Message: <web.451963f52e2a9c477a4e843e0@news.povray.org>
Raf256 <spa### [at] raf256invalid> wrote:
> But I am on Linux and for unknown reason (if not the fact this is a free
> tool I would call it "totall ignorance and lameness beyond borders") this
> is windows-only tool.
>
> Why the hell a tool that converts form from nice crossplatform applications
> into crossplatform Pov-RAY is itself windows-only :(
>
> Not even a simple command line version, nothning...

I use Linux as well and have had the same problem.  However, recently I gave
PoseRay a shot using Wine and it has worked great so far.  The only issue
I've had with it is with the preview, and that is not terribly important
(IMO) if you're mainly doing conversions.  So now I can do Wings3D ->
Export to Wavefront OBJ -> Import into PoseRay (on Wine) -> Export to
POV-Ray.

I've also tried using it on Qemu running Win98, but Wine runs it much
faster.

Hope this helps, good luck.