POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : rotative illumination : rotative illumination Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:32:55 EDT (-0400)
  rotative illumination
From: pierre
Date: 25 Sep 2006 07:40:00
Message: <web.4517bf9d9d0b62baad334ed60@news.povray.org>
Hello everybody,

I am trying to implement a scene in povray. I want to create an animation
where the illumination move around the scene (like the sun during day
time).
I have two major problems:
-I do not understand the coordonate system in povray: my object is a plate
with a size of dx dy dz (2000 2000 40). I want fisrt to rotate around the
center (2000 2000 20) following a perfect circle with a diameter of 2000.
My camera is situated in (<1000, 1939, 348>. My goal is to move the
illumination in the same plane than the camera. I tried with the functions
v-rotate and clock but it doesn't seem to work.

-My second point, is about an elliptic path of the illumination. Is it
possible to program such a path?

Thanks by advance

Pierre