POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : 3D Mesh Painting Software : Re: 3D Mesh Painting Software Server Time
13 May 2024 23:16:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3D Mesh Painting Software
From: stubbe
Date: 24 Sep 2006 13:40:01
Message: <web.4516c2083359dac5675c7b050@news.povray.org>
"St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:
> "stubbe" <joe### [at] yahoocouk> wrote in message
> > "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:
> >> "stubbe" <joe### [at] yahoocouk> wrote in message

> >>       ....and I thought Wings was confusing.   :oO
>

> > Wings is far simpler than other softwares out there.
>
>     Oh, I know it is, it's a great tool. I think the problem with Wings uv
> mapping is that there are 'so' many ways to do it, and after reading several
> different tuts on how to do it, people seem to have their own preferences. I
> guess the best way to learn it is to grab a sphere and try *everything*.
>

> Blender itself aren't
> > that confusng. The workflow seem to be irregular, but once you grab it
> > you'll work faster even than on commercial softwares.
>
>      I can quite believe that, but I think I'll just try and master Wings
> for now. :o)
>
>    Also, I think Wings will be greatly improved over the next couple of
> years. (Hope so, anyway).
>
>    Thanks for that link btw, it was certainly 'enlightening'.
>
>      ~Steve~

If you had problems with Wings UV editing (never got there myself so not
sure how difficult it is), you should try blender UV facility. LSCM is
almost like 3DSMax's pelt mapping, it even out before Max implement pelt
mapping in 8. I have max at my disposal here in my office, but I prefer to
unwrap in Blender.

Blender + POVAnim + POVRay would make a killer combination. Just my 2 cents
btw.