POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : 3D Mesh Painting Software : Re: 3D Mesh Painting Software Server Time
14 May 2024 09:08:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3D Mesh Painting Software
From: stubbe
Date: 23 Sep 2006 15:25:00
Message: <web.451589263359dac5675c7b050@news.povray.org>
Hello, I'm new here. Funny tho I was looking for the same kind of software
and bumped into this thread. So far I only found Tattoo, and it's windows
only.

Another solution is to use Blender. Yes, that's right, Blender. Blender's
real time texturing may not be quite "direct" as tattoo, meaning you paint
directly into the mesh with brushes but it's real time anyway.

You need two separate wndow, one is UV/Image editing window for painting the
texture and the 3D window to display the current changes in real time. It's
the closest thing I can find and it's good enough for me so far.

Hope that helps.