POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Automatically rendering multiple views : Automatically rendering multiple views Server Time
31 Jul 2024 20:20:35 EDT (-0400)
  Automatically rendering multiple views
From: Randy
Date: 19 Sep 2006 01:35:00
Message: <web.450f811412afa56b61c8c96c0@news.povray.org>
(This may belong more in the animation group)

I have the desire to be able to render multiple views of my scene file
without having to change the camera position and re-run the render several
times.

I have a variable to declare which camera position I want to use (CamNum,
which can be an integer from 1 to however many camera positions I have
defined).  I use a #switch block to set variables for camera location and
look_at.

What I would like to do is something like set the Final_Frame to the max
number of cameras, and have the scene file automatically render all the
views I have defined.

The problem is really in the fact that I still want to use the same scene
code to render just a single view when that is all I want.

Is there a way to detect that POV's animation loop is in operation, so that
I can set up another #switch or #if block to set the camera location
variable?

Something like:

#declare Cam_Num = 1; //set this value to render a single scene

#if ( some test to determine if the animation loop is running )
  #declare Cam_Num = Clock * (max number of cameras);
#end

#switch (Cam_Num)
  #case (1)
    #declare Cam_Loc = <x,y,z>;
    #declare Cam_Look =<x,y,z>;
    #break
  #case (2)
    ( etc. )

The only other way I thought I could do it was to comment out the first
declaration of the Cam_Num variable and change the #if block to check if
that variable is defined, and then calculate the Cam_Num if it wasn't.

Any thoughts?

Randy