POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Surrealistic Moon Image : Re: Surrealistic Moon Image Server Time
4 May 2024 09:07:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Surrealistic Moon Image
From: Florian Siegmund
Date: 17 Sep 2006 07:00:01
Message: <web.450d2a2b18647bd97758051a0@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlnet> wrote:

> My goodness! the Man in the Moon has overturned his stove!!!!
> This is an interesting concept! It looks almost perfect to me. Perhaps there
> should be some more flames in front of the Moon? How difficult would that
> be? By increasing the size of the flames a little?
>
> Thomas

The flames were 'constructed' by using several combined functions and a
pigment function for the turbulence. One possibility would be editing the
pigment function, which would change the overall appearence of the flames,
or another possibility - adding another media at the bottom of the moon in
order to get mor density (what I would prefer). But if you like to, you can
try it by yourself; I will post the source files into the binaries.

Another question:
Would it possibly look good if the moon had some 'cracks' with magma shining
through between?

Florian