POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : the POV-ray SDL--similar to Java and/or Python? : Re: the POV-ray SDL--similar to Java and/or Python? Server Time
6 Oct 2024 20:19:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: the POV-ray SDL--similar to Java and/or Python?
From: Kenneth
Date: 13 Sep 2006 00:55:01
Message: <web.45078e24dcfb777fc55e8ebc0@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:

>   The POV-Ray SDL lacks all 3 of those. (Well, ok, #include files could be
> seen as *very* primitive modules, but just barely.)

Yes, I think this is what gave me the (admittedly fuzzy) idea that POV was
comparable to Java or Python; that is, an OOP language.

I'd be interested in your comments on Java.  It *seems* to have some handy
features...like inherent "garbage collection," for instance, that make
programming with it supposedly much easier (than C++, that is.) Especially
easier for someone new to OOP languages, like myself. The POV SDL insulates
me from "all that stuff" too, which is quite nice! (Sorry if I'm showing my
ignorance of the subject; the SDL seems to, anyway.)

Ken