POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Pigment functions... : Re: Pigment functions... Server Time
6 Oct 2024 15:23:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pigment functions...
From: Kenneth
Date: 13 Sep 2006 00:00:00
Message: <web.45078185a29fb3bbc55e8ebc0@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:
> ...  But the image will reproduce
> beautifully in POV-Ray, ignoring assumed_gamma altogether.

Hmm.  Well...uh...that's not *exactly* true, as I've just discovered from
doing a few tests. Putting some wild assumed_gamma settings into POV-Ray
(.5 up to 3) shows some subtle changes in the rendered image_map.
Especially at the .5 setting (which no one in his or her right mind would
use, of course.  I think.) Not even sure how to describe the odd effect IT
produces.  But IN GENERAL, a gamma-of-1 png image_map does stay looking
practically the same, throughout a good range of assumed_gamma values.

Ken