POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : the POV-ray SDL--similar to Java and/or Python? : Re: the POV-ray SDL--similar to Java and/or Python? Server Time
6 Oct 2024 12:49:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: the POV-ray SDL--similar to Java and/or Python?
From: George Pantazopoulos
Date: 12 Sep 2006 11:05:01
Message: <web.4506cb69dcfb777f7aa29ee90@news.povray.org>
What I'd be very interested in is if a future version of the POV SDL could
be parsed into some intermediate, platform-independent "bytecode"-like
format.

This would have benefits for parallel rendering, since a fast machine could
parse the scene, then distribute the pre-parsed scene info to other nodes.

Even better would be if the parsing could be done in parallel and the
results
recombined.. but I'm not holding my breath for that part :)

George
http://www.gammaburst.net