POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : the POV-ray SDL--similar to Java and/or Python? : the POV-ray SDL--similar to Java and/or Python? Server Time
6 Oct 2024 12:57:08 EDT (-0400)
  the POV-ray SDL--similar to Java and/or Python?
From: Kenneth
Date: 11 Sep 2006 20:00:01
Message: <web.4505f74fccfb62ebc3ac5be40@news.povray.org>
In my first-ever attempt at trying to decide on an object-oriented
programming language to learn (other than POV-Ray itself, that is!), I've
been looking at both Java and Python. In doing so, I'm beginning to see
similarities between the POV-ray scene description language and some of
Java (and perhaps some of Python as well, but I'm not sure yet!) POV
*seems* to use good parts of both...as well as improvements of it own...
but that's my rather uninformed opinion at this point.  I find the POV-ray
SDL easier and easier to work with, and would like to branch out into
learning one of the major, similarly-constructed languages. (Not C++ -- not
yet, anyway -- that's just too arcane for me right now. Big learning curve.)

My (really basic) question is this: Which OOP language is the POV-ray SDL
most similar to? (This question probably begs other questions, but it will
do for now.)

Ken W.