POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : lack of memory : Re: lack of memory Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:19:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: lack of memory
From: Kenneth
Date: 10 Sep 2006 05:10:01
Message: <web.4503d620eba108adc2d4f2880@news.povray.org>
"yoon" <jhy### [at] galaxyyonseiackr> wrote:
> I made about 1,700,000 cubes and it occupied 65% of 2G memory of my machine.
>
> and I should make 14,000,000 cubes but the memory should be overflowed.
>
> How can I solve this problem without considering buying more memory?
>
> JH

There might be ways to reduce the memory requirements, but it depends on
your scene.  A few questions first:

1) Are your cubes simple box shapes, or are they superellipsoids?

2) Does EACH cube need a different texture?

3) Are any of the textures partially transparent?

4)  Are you using a #while loop to randomly place the cubes in your scene?

Ken W.