POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : media brightness flickers as scale changes : Re: media brightness flickers as scale changes Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:16:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: media brightness flickers as scale changes
From: Kenneth
Date: 8 Sep 2006 03:25:00
Message: <web.45011a85671db75953ec07f0@news.povray.org>
Oh, forgot to mention:

Some of the default values given in the POV documentation for media are
incorrect. I posted something about this awhile ago...

http://news.povray.org/povray.documentation.inbuilt/thread/%3Cweb.434c8b2fe42c859ad82bb7c00%40news.povray.org%3E/

Also, since media density doesn't "scale" with an object, as your media
sphere(?) gets larger or smaller, the media samples and/or intervals need
to change along with it, to preserve the same "look" --that is, so
discontinuities don't start appearing in the media as the container is
scaled larger.  At least, this has been my experience.

Ken