POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : *.pov file reading : Re: *.pov file reading Server Time
1 Jun 2024 06:23:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: *.pov file reading
From: Francesco Pietra
Date: 8 Sep 2006 03:20:00
Message: <web.450117a45cffe275981e85fb0@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Calimet <pov### [at] freefr> wrote:
> > Illegal instruction
> > Illegal instruction
> > Illegal instruction
> > Illegal instruction
>
>  You're kidding me, aren't you?  :-)]

WHY THAT? NOT AT ALL.

>  Please download and install the *official* POV-Ray for Linux distribution
> to replace the broken Debian package:
>
> ftp://ftp.povray.org/pub/povray/Official/Linux/povlinux-3.6.1.tar.bz2
>
>  Download the file above, unpack with 'tar xvjf povlinux-3.6.1.tar.bz2',
> cd to the newly created directory, run the 'install' script and follow the
> instructions.  You should then be done with a working povray binary.

YOU ARE RIGHT, DEBIAN POVRAY-3.6 HAS A KNOWN BUG. I INSTALLED POVRAY-3.5
(3.5.0C-10) DEBIAN. IT WORKS PERFECTLY. NOTHING AGAINST YOU SUGGESTION FOR
INSTALLING (I AM NOT A FANATIC OF FREE, FOR MY WORK I ALSO USE STUFF -
THROUGH WINE - THAT IS NOT AVAILABLE ON UNIX), THOUGH FROM DEBIAN IT WAS
QUICKER AND I AM SURE ABOUT ALL DEPENDENCIES. I HOPE NOW TO BE ABLE TO
INSERT THE TGA OUTPUT INTO OPENOFFICE IMPRESS. THANKS A LOT
FRANCESCO