POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Basic Animation Questions : Re: Basic Animation Questions Server Time
25 Jun 2024 23:13:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Basic Animation Questions
From: Charles C
Date: 6 Sep 2006 19:50:01
Message: <web.44ff5d84c1d6eceb3869c6770@news.povray.org>
Hope it works out Oct :-)  Yeah that's pretty much what I meant by
"automation" except I was thinking of within POV-Ray using something like
the lines Stephen and Chris B mentioned.  The slightly more complicated and
probably-not-even-worth-it version was to treat each bone as a separate
object rather than the skeletin as a whole.  This would still be simpler
than making a bones-system because your POV script doesn't need to know how
each bone relates to the next.  On the other hand, getting it done sounds
like it's more important than any other "feature."  In this case, I suppose
it'd just save disk space which you'll get back anyway.
Charles