POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Slice in a Sphere : Re: Slice in a Sphere Server Time
31 Jul 2024 20:23:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Slice in a Sphere
From: Kaeru Gaman
Date: 6 Sep 2006 19:40:01
Message: <web.44ff5be61500a34cff8999360@news.povray.org>
thnx for your answers.

I didn't know the Wedge so far, so I will have a look at it.

actually, I need a solid sphere, but not a look at the sliced area,
so it would not matter is clipped_by or not.

@Alain:

but I don't get the point with the planes.
afaik is plane an infinite object with no thickness,
so how should it interact in an difference or intersection?
(maybe it's different meanwhile, I started with POV3.0)

the solution with the two boxes is what I already thougth of.

my aim is a kind of "clock" for a game, wich is a sliced sphere getting
smaller and smaller, representing the hand of a clock.
so I need an every-degree-solution, but not really a look on the cuts or
inside the sphere.