POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : *.pov file reading : *.pov file reading Server Time
26 Jun 2024 07:53:29 EDT (-0400)
  *.pov file reading
From: Francesco Pietra
Date: 6 Sep 2006 12:10:00
Message: <web.44fef22fbb85fed699fa43060@news.povray.org>
NEW USER. My aim is simply to transfer povray output to OpenOffice Impress
for building a lecture

Povray 3.6.1 in Debian etch 32bit

povray.conf
[File I/O Security]
none

[Shellout Security]
allowed

Trying to workout a pov file (colchicine.pov, where tmp is the directory
containing this pov file) created with my molecular modeling package, I got
errors:

francesco@debian:~/tmp$ povray +W320 +H240 +Icolchicine.pov +Omonitor.tga
povray: /home/francesco/.povray/3.6/povray.conf: 2: the user setting 'none'
for [File I/O Security] is less restrictive than the system setting
'restricted' in '/etc//povray/3.6/povray.conf'.  Using system setting.
povray: /home/francesco/.povray/3.6/povray.conf: 5: the user setting
'allowed' for [Shellout Security] is less restrictive than the system
'forbidden' setting in '/etc//povray/3.6/povray.conf'.  Using system
setting.
povray: /home/francesco/.povray/3.6/povray.conf: user permitted paths are
ignored.  Using system paths.
Illegal instruction
francesco@debian:~/tmp$

I do not understand where the illegality resides. I understand it is trivial
matter, however I am unable to come out, while pressed for the lecture.

thanks a lot for help

francesco