POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Basic Animation Questions : Re: Basic Animation Questions Server Time
2 Jun 2024 11:26:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Basic Animation Questions
From: Stephen
Date: 6 Sep 2006 05:15:00
Message: <web.44fe9081c1d6ecebf1cb1e660@news.povray.org>
"octogonalMonk" <fucrate ::at:: gmail ::dot:: com> wrote:
> Hey, thanks for getting back to me so quickly, after posting I looked at the
> forums and got a little worried that it wasn't really that active.  You've
> proved me wrong.
>
> I'm still a little unsure of what you're recommendation is, though.

What I think Charles is saying is;
You have, or what you could have, is a series of meshes of a skeleton model.
Possibly named skeleton001.obj to skeleton100.obj or skeleton001.inc if Maya

Poseray.)
In an INI file for the animation settings

Initial_Frame=1
Final_Frame=100
Initial_Clock=0
Final_Clock=1

In the POV file

#declare My_Object = concat(skeleton,str(frame_number,-1,0),".inc")
/* This gives you the series of meshes */
#include My_Object
/* This calls the meshes */
This will give you the animation but not much understanding of bones in
general. Working with bones and Inverse Kinematics would be a major

Stephen