POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Problem by projecting fringes through lenses : Re: Problem by projecting fringes through lenses Server Time
31 Jul 2024 20:16:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problem by projecting fringes through lenses
From: Stephen
Date: 5 Sep 2006 04:30:01
Message: <web.44fd349fd13eec37f1cb1e660@news.povray.org>
"Louis-Severin" <lou### [at] a3epflch> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have problem using fringe projection through several lenses. Hereunder my
> povray code. If i project fringe through a single lens, fringe shadow
> appear clearly. But if i put another lens, also with photon properties, the
> shadow appear as a simple black square.

In the message pane you get the message below;

  Infinite objects:          2
  Light sources:             1
  Total:                     6
Possible Rendering Error: Maximum trace level reached! If your scene
contains black spots read more about the max_trace_level setting in the
documentation!

Render Statistics
Image Resolution 320 x 240

Pixels:            76800   Samples:           76800   Smpls/Pxl: 1.00
Rays:             443610   Saved:                 0   Max Level: 5/5

In the global settings add a line for max_trace_level
Such as;

/* PHOTON TUNING
global_settings {
  max_trace_level 10