POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Basic Animation Questions : Re: Basic Animation Questions Server Time
2 Jun 2024 14:17:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Basic Animation Questions
From: Charles C
Date: 1 Sep 2006 18:15:00
Message: <web.44f8afcbc1d6eceb200a56120@news.povray.org>
It sounds like for modeling and movement the hard part is already done.  For
your purposes it seems like it'd be a waste to re-do it all in Pov-Ray.  You
don't have to do each frame separately though.  You can export the meshes
for the individual bones, and then put the position information in separate
numbered files, which are called from a large #switch statement, (or just
put the data directly into the #switch statement.)  Use clock or
frame_number to select the right data for that frame.  Anyway, yeah I'd go
ahead and do the frame-by-frame method, but with a little automation.
Charles