POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Basic Animation Questions : Basic Animation Questions Server Time
2 Jun 2024 14:46:03 EDT (-0400)
  Basic Animation Questions
From: octogonalMonk
Date: 1 Sep 2006 17:25:00
Message: <web.44f8a4e73b4b6617dcc6d95b0@news.povray.org>
To preface, I am a complete newb when it comes to any sort of ray-tracing or
animation applications.  That said my boss has assigned me the job of taking
a real-time animated scene currently coded to render in OpenGL and somehow
ram it through a free ray-tracing application until it looks pretty.  The
animated scene uses a skeleton model modeled in maya or something and it
has walking and arm-moving animations while it walks around the scene and
the camera moves around watching him.  I know it would be possible to run
the OpenGL application and export the scene every frame, then loading that
scene into POV-Ray, render it and save each frame to a TGA and then compile
them together to make a movie.  I want to know if there is a more integrated
way to do this, such as using the clock function to animate the skeleton
model and translate him around the scene and actually do it all from within
POV-Ray.  Has this kind of stuff been done? I haven't seen many animated
models in the example animations around the web.  Is it even possible?  Any
help is really appreciated as my job is on the line.

cheers
-oct